Destination Ascendigo: Ascendigo’s mission is to elevate the spectrum by empowering people, inspiring lives, and shattering expectations. We apply this mission to both the people we serve, such as our participants and clients, and the people we work with, such as our co-workers and other stake holders.
Ascendigo is a nonprofit organization that enhances the lives of children and adults living with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) through therapeutic recreation, employment, community integration, education and an array of behavioral health services. We are head quartered in Carbondale, CO. Currently, Ascendigo employs more than 50 full- and part-time year-round staff members and approximately 30 additional employees during out seasonal summer camp programming.
The Ascendigo promise to our employees is to provide meaning and purpose in the work we do and a culture of R.E.S.P.E.C.T. We support high performance through thoughtful onboarding and training and acting with integrity. We offer 360° compensation with a path to financial security, personal well-being and fulfillment, and housing assistance.
Core Responsibilities: Manage all Ascendigo owned and/or managed vehicles (including bikes). This includes maintaining a vehicle, managing all aspects of vehicle purchase and/or agreements, administration of fleet maintenance services, regulatory compliance documentation related to fleet, and annual budget and budget planning. Collaboration with Ascendigo managers to accomplish all responsibilities is critical. May also include light facility maintenance if skills allow.
o Create and communicate fleet schedules to all staff.
o Communicate with all Ascendigo departments regarding vehicle availability and needs.
o Coordinate the on-call fleet management for all Ascendigo vehicles.
o Ensure that insurance, registration, leases, mileage logs and other compliance requirements are current.
o Ensure vehicles comply with all applicable rules and regulations, including driver training protocols.
o Coordinate Maintenance, repair, and routine checks of all Ascendigo Vehicles.
o Coordinate and oversee fleet cards and account data.
o Create and maintain vendor relationships as needed.
o Ensure vehicles are clean and orderly.
- Basic computer skills (MS Office, Excel, email)
- Able to lift and move light to heavy objects (up to 75 pounds)
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
- Be organized and exhibit ‘follow through’ on tasks and goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills, the ability to collaborate with colleagues.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and extended hours.
- Access to a vehicle for travel throughout local community.
- Must be age 21 or over and have legal working status.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and excellent driving record.
- Should have at least a high school diploma.
- Is able to travel for occasional professional development and client activities.
Personal Characteristics: should be committed and passionate about the Ascendigo mission of a holistic, active, community-based, independent, and person-centered life. He/she should believe in the dignity and potential of our clients. We also have a commitment to a culture of R.E.S.P.E.C.T. which stands for:
- R-Recognize the inherent worth of your coworkers
- E- Eliminate derogatory words and phrases
- S- Speak with people- not at them- or about them
- P-Protect the culture of your organization- report and support!
- E- Empathize- consider what it is like in others’ situations.
- C-Consider your impact on others before speaking and apologize when you make a mistake.
T- Treat everyone with integrity, dignity, and respect
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : High School
Experience Level : Entry Level
Job Function : General