Destination Ascendigo: Ascendigo’s mission is to elevate the spectrum by empowering people, inspiring lives and shattering expectations. We apply this mission to both the people we serve, such as our participants and clients, and the people with whom we serve, such as our co-workers and other stakeholders.
Ascendigo is a nonprofit organization that enhances the lives of children and adults living with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) through therapeutic recreation, employment, community integration, education and an array of behavioral health services. We are headquartered in Carbondale, CO. Currently, Ascendigo employs more than 50 full- and part-time year-round staff members and approximately 30 additional employees during our seasonal summer camp programming.
The Ascendigo Promise to our employees is to provide meaning and purpose in the work we do and a culture of R.E.S.P.E.C.T.. We support high performance through thoughtful on-boarding and training, and acting with integrity. We offer 360° compensation with a path to financial security, personal well-being and fulfillment, and housing assistance.
The primary responsibility of the On-Campus Camp Manager will be to oversee the residential camp program by coordinating evening activities, supporting camp coaches with camper hygiene, providing behavioral support when needed, and ensuring a safe camp environment. The camp manager will manage, mentor, and provide guidance to camp coaches. The camp manager will live on-campus with campers and staff and will be the first line of contact when campers or staff need assistance throughout the night. This person will be a part of the core seasonal leadership team.
- Oversee staff and evening camp activities
- Create, coordinate, and facilitate evening camp activities
- Work closely with campers who have challenging behaviors which may include physical aggression towards others
- Provide behavioral support to camp coaches when behaviors arise
- Assist coaches with camper hygiene such as: toileting, bathing, and everyday personal care
- Ensure overall safety for residential campers, acting as the highest on site manager
- Be readily available to help assist campers and staff if needed throughout the night
- Support coaches and campers during morning time hygiene routines and breakfast
- Be willing to work an occasional weekend shift
- Maintain a safe culture and an environment of FUN!
- Must be age 21 or over and have legal working status.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and excellent driving record.
- Must have a clean background check with no felonies or flags
- Must provide a current CPR/First Aid certification.
- Should have at least a high school diploma.
- Applicants are required to have and use their own phone for work duties.
- Basic computer skills (MS Office, email, social media)
- Must be able to lift and move heavy objects (up to 25 pounds)
Personal Characteristics: should be committed and passionate about the Ascendigo mission of a holistic, active, community-based, independent, and person-centered life. He/she should believe in the dignity and potential of our clients. We also have a commitment to a culture of R.E.S.P.E.C.T. which stands for:
- R-Recognize the inherent worth of your coworkers.
- E- Eliminate derogatory words and phrases.
- S- Speak with people- not at them- or about them.
- P-Protect the culture of your organization- report and support!
- E- Empathize- consider what it is like in others’ situations.
- C-Consider your impact on others before speaking and apologize when you make a mistake.
- T- Treat everyone with integrity, dignity, and respect.
With Room and Board: $670-$870 per week
Job Type : Full-Time, Seasonal
Education Level : High School
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : ""