Destination Ascendigo: Ascendigo's mission is to elevate the spectrum by empowering people, inspiring lives and shattering expectations. We apply this mission to both the people we serve, such as our participants and clients, and the people we work with, such as our co-workers and other stakeholders.
Ascendigo is a nonprofit organization that enhances the lives of children and adults living with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) through therapeutic recreation, employment, community integration, education and an array of behavioral health services. We are headquartered in Carbondale, CO. Currently, Ascendigo employs more than full- and part-time year-round staff members and approximately 30 additional employees during our seasonal summer camp programming.
The Ascendigo Promise to our employees is to provide meaning and purpose in the work we do and a culture of R.E.S.P.E.C.T. We support high performance through thoughtful on-boarding and training, and acting with integrity. We offer 360 degree compensation with a path to financial security, personal well-being and fulfillment, and housing assistance.
Job Summary: Registered Behavioral Therapists for our Outreach Department, support the program in improving the lives of individual clients through the application of Ascendigo’s Natural Developmental Behavioral Intervention (NDBI) principles which includes the Early Start Denver Model, Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA), and developmental principles based on the Ascendigo Way Curriculum. RBT’s provide services to clients age 9 months to 17 years old using NDBI and other competencies as directed.
Essential Job Functions:
● Work directly with clients who may have challenging behaviors that have occurred in the past 6 months
● Follow plans and written programs by BCBA, clinical team and approved consultants and implements behavior and treatment plans
● Accompanies clients and teach client in skill acquisition, and behavior reduction in social, community, recreation, leisure, and other program settings
● Build positive rapport with clients
● Has instructional control with clients
● Collect data on all of client’s goal areas and data points throughout a session
● Communicate with caregivers and staff effectively
Expectations: All new hires will need to finish their coursework and testing requirements to become a certified RBT within the first month of hire and before being unsupervised with a client. RBT’s will work under the direction of Ascendigo management as well as both our in-house and consulting behavioral health professionals. We expect our staff to create and maintain a positive learning environment and to prioritize the health, safety and comfort of our participants - use good judgment and ask for help when needed. Program staff will be asked to attend several staff meetings each week and to be available to Ascendigo management for ongoing discussions and feedback.
• Minimum of one-year previous experience require.
• CPR/First Aid, Safety Care, Skills Trainers Orientation, RBT Coursework and Competency completion within the first month.
• Knowledge of the field of autism as it pertains to minors.
• Knowledge of healthy nutrition and basic cooking skills.
• Basic knowledge of physical fitness and exercise regimens and willing to engage in physical activities including outdoor activities with residents.
• Ability to handle the personal care of residents with sensitivity and caring.
• Possess effective skills in active listening, coaching, and human supervision.
• Strong interpersonal skills, the ability to collaborate with colleagues.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work independently, set priorities and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and extended hours.
Personal Characteristics: should be committed and passionate about the Ascendigo mission of a holistic, active, community-based, independent, and person-centered life. He/she should believe in the dignity and potential of our clients. We also have a commitment to a culture of R.E.S.P.E.C.T. which stands for:
- R-Recognize the inherent worth of your coworkers.
- E- Eliminate derogatory words and phrases.
- S- Speak with people- not at them- or about them.
- P-Protect the culture of your organization- report and support!
- E- Empathize- consider what it is like in others’ situations.
- C-Consider your impact on others before speaking and apologize when you make a mistake.
- T- Treat everyone with integrity, dignity, and respect.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Entry Level
Job Function : General