Retail Sales Associate/Design Consultant
Although not an all-inclusive list, the following are some of the duties and expectations that we have for this position:
- Sell flooring and floor care products
- Greet customers on the sales floor, and determine their wants and needs
- Keep up-to-date on the wide select of floors we have to offer along with the benefits and warranties provided by each
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Write sales orders
- Help work through, and follow-up after, the completion of each job
- Build client relationships
- Network regularly, and work effectively, with other store employees
- Execute targeted sales strategies
- Receive payment, or obtain credit authorization
- Use computer database to research the availability of merchandise and to process orders
- Follow up in a timely and professional manner with all customers on requests and/or concerns
- Answer questions from customers about flooring
- Assist customers with flooring choices (explain features/benefits, etc.)
- Help customers with their choice through decorating and/or design advice
- Maintain showroom by keeping samples and displays neat, current, and clean
- Prospect for new business
The ideal candidate must be:
- Willing to divide his or her work time between the showroom floor and prospecting for new clients (out networking within the community).
- Willing to undergo our extensive product and sales training in order to become certified flooring and design expert.
- Self-motivated and internally driven to excel in your position and career.
- Personally well-organized.
- Willing to create new business.
- Able to provide outstanding customer service.
- Able to provide exceptional follow-up.
Some additional qualifications include:
- A passion for, or experience with, decorating or design
- Some college is preferred, but not necessary
- Must have access to reliable transportation in order to get to work, and to visit customers' home (as necessary)
- Open and flexible work availability, including weekends
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office programs and a willingness to learn our operating systems
- Retail sales experience strong preferred
Nice To Haves
- Flooring industry
- Construction industry
- Estimating Software
- Competitive base salary plus commission
- Health Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Product and Other Promotional Discounts
How to Apply
- An up-to-date resume and brief cover letter outlining your experience for the position
- Salary history and/or requirements
Carpet One Floor & Home is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : High School
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : Customer Service, Sales, General